Monday, June 20, 2011

Σακατεύω: Cripple

It became clear to us last night that I was not capable of climbing the mountain to walk around the ruins of the castle, so, after eating breakfast with the rest of the group, I took a nap. By the time I woke up and went down to the lobby to meet up with Carolyn, the group was just returning and ready for lunch. Rachel, Holly, Erin, Maddie, Stephanie and I went to a small restaurant along the port where I ordered a simple, but filling, Greek salad and watermelon for dessert. Delish, as always. Then, we walked for a bit, stopping in a couple jewelry shops to look for presents for friends (and ourselves) to bring back home. Next stop? The beach! Unfortunately, I was not able to swim because of my stitches and was advised against tanning due to the tan lines that may result from the very thick strip of gauze around the middle of my leg. I was left with a shady umbrella and a book. Thankfully, Ellie and Demeris were in need of shade also, so I was in good company! We were also the go-to girls when others needed their pictures taken. The water looked so big, blue and beautiful that I wished I could've jumped in!

After the beach, we returned to the hotel to freshen up in the rooms and make some headway on our group t-shirt design as a congregation in the lobby. (I won’t spoil the surprise, but I’ll make sure to post a picture of our design if it all works out! ) So we’re sitting in the lobby, quietly working on our computers when my stomach grumbles loud enough to move mountains. Dinner time? I think yes. We went out as a group for dinner, getting a quick lesson in ISO while waiting for the bill. Then, we separated (Holly, Maddie, Callie and I gravitated towards the ice cream bars), began to take photographs before the sun could set, and returned to the hotel yet again… this time to blog and sleep! So here I am. Yasas y’all!

No comments: